Hysterosalpingography (HSG) is a procedure that can be used to visualize the fallopian tubes and help diagnose blockages that may lead to infertility. A hysterosalpingogram (HSG) test uses x-rays, dye and contrast material injected into your uterine cavity. The process can be performed as part of a routine exam or as part of fertility testing.
Who needs an HSG test?
- Women who are trying to get pregnant.
- Women who have had an abortion.
- Women who have had a tubal ligation (tubal ligation is surgery that closes off one or both fallopian tubes).
When should I consider an HSG test?
Though it’s not always necessary, an HSG test can be useful if you’re experiencing any of the following conditions:
- You’re not ovulating. If a woman is infertile and having trouble conceiving, an HSG can help determine whether her tubes are blocked or damaged.
- You have unexplained infertility (UFI). UFI is defined as the inability to conceive after one year of trying without medical intervention or age-related causes. An HSG can help rule out UFI by determining if there’s something wrong with your reproductive system that could be causing problems in conceiving.
If you’re worried about your fertility and want to know more about fallopian tubes, an HSG test can help. It may also be helpful in diagnosing other reproductive problems such as endometriosis or polycystic ovaries.
HSG is a safe procedure. After HSG test mild cramping is quite common, if you have heavy vaginal bleeding, vomiting, smelly discharge, or extreme abdominal pain after the procedure, immediately consult with your medical expert. HSG is a very effective diagnostic tool which enables the doctor to make a better decision as far as treatment is concerned.
Irene IVF Centre is well known fertility centre for providing world-class treatment when it comes to infertility or other associated conditions. With Our Trained doctors & counselors we would be able to give the best diagnosis and help you evaluate the reason of not getting pregnant. Our doctors will even suggest and recommend ways including surgical treatments which will help you get pregnant. At our clinic, we assure you that we can treat all kinds of fertility disorders and provide you top notch guidance on matter related to pregnancy.