An irregular period is one of the most common problems that women face. According to the statistics, 30 percent of the women face the problem of irregular periods during their childbearing years.
A Menstrual Cycle is calculated from the first day of a period to the first day of the next period. An average adult woman’s menstrual cycle ranges from 21 days to 35 days and the bleeding lasts between 2 days to 7 days. These menstrual cycles are regulated by the variations in the hormone levels during the entiremeaning of having irregular period means, variation in number of days of your cycle, either your period arrives early or late or even get skipped sometimes.
Irregular or missed period does not always mean something serious. If you are not pregnant, then the following could be one of the reasons for your missed or irregular periods:
- Stress Levels: When you are under high stress or have anxiety issues, your body starts conserving energy by preventing ovulation. These stress and anxiety issues create a hormonal imbalance in your body that could lead to irregular or missed period.
- Bad Eating Habits:Poor diet that contains high levels of sugar, artificial additives, pesticides and hydrogenated fats can affect thyroid and adrenal glands. Such kind of diet is the prime reason for problems like fatigue, thyroid and raised cortisol. High cortisol affects hormones like sex hormones that could result into a missed or irregular period.
- Extreme Weight Loss or Gain:Our body weight plays a vital role in creating the estrogen hormones in women. This is the reason why anorexic or underweight women have issues of missed or irregular periods. Obesity can also cause menstrual problems.
- Over Exercising:Though regular exercising is a requirement of a healthy body but over exercising leads to imbalancein adrenal, thyroid and pituitary glands. Women who suddenly start excessive exercising can have missed periods or irregular menstruation.
- Birth Controlling Pills:An irregular or missed period could be a result of taking a birth controlling pill. These pills can affect your period by either making them lighter, irregular or even missed for few months. Though in most of the cases, the cycle get normal automatically after few months.
6. Illness and Sensitivities: Thyroid problems, sexually transmitted diseases, deficiency to nutrients are one the reasons for hormonal imbalances in the body. These problems are one of the reasons for menstrual cycle imbalances.
Travelling, Medication, Drug Intake, Breastfeeding are some of the other reasons for missed or irregular menstrualproblem of irregular cycle could be a bit uncomfortable and at times could even be a reason of some serious health problem.
For expert advice, visit Irene IVF Centre.