As a woman ages, her egg quality and quantity decreases and infertility can become an issue. But there are ways to counteract this decline in fertility! In this article, learn the tips and strategies on how to improve egg quality as you age, so that you can increase your fertility chances.
Tips and Strategies for Improving Egg Quality
As you age, your egg quality decreases. This is a natural process that happens to all women, This is due to a number of factors, including a decrease in the number of eggs you have, and the deterioration of the eggs you do have. The good news is that there are things you can do to improve your egg quality as you age. Here are some tips and strategies to help increase your fertility:
1. Eat a healthy diet: Eating a healthy diet is important for overall health and fertility. Eating a diet rich in antioxidants has been shown to improve egg quality in some studies. Be sure to eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein. Avoid processed foods, sugary drinks, and excessive alcohol.
2. Exercise regularly: Exercise helps improve circulation and overall health. It can also reduce stress levels, which can impact fertility. Aim for 30 minutes of moderate exercise most days of the week.
3. Get enough sleep: Getting enough sleep is important for overall health and can help reduce stress levels. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
4. Reduce stress: Stress can impact fertility by impacting hormone levels. Try to find ways to reduce stress in your life through relaxation techniques such as yoga or meditation, or by talking to a therapist.
5. Quit smoking: Smoking has been shown to decrease egg quality and quantity. If you smoke, quitting is one of the best things you can do for your fertility—and your overall health.
6. Quit alcohol consumption: Too much alcohol can negatively impact egg quality. if you’re trying to conceive quitting alcohol is increase the chances of your getting pregnant and health pregnancy.
7. Supplements: There are also a few supplements that have been shown to improve egg quality in some studies. Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is an antioxidant that’s found naturally in the body but levels decline with age. Taking a CoQ10 supplement may help improve egg quality in older women. omega-3 fatty acids are also important for fertility health, so taking a supplement may also improve the egg quality.
Following these tips will give you the best chance of improving your egg quality so that you can fulfill your dream of having a child with ease.